COVID-19 Safety Plan
This plan defines the COVID – 19 pandemics, the regulations, and the steps taken at CSN Pharma Inc. to assure the safety of staff.
CSN Pharma operates a facility that is certified GMP compliant by Health Canada for the manufacturing and packaging of Natural Health products.
This plan describes the precautions at the place in the facility to ensure a safe working environment at work and returning to safe operations. As per the regulation’s employers are not required to submit plans to WorkSafeBC for approval but following the order of the provincial health officer, this plan must be posted at the CSN Pharma worksite.
The Virus that causes COVID-19 spreads in several ways.
● Spreads when a person coughs or sneezes
● Spreads if you touch a contaminated surface and then touch your face
The symptoms of the virus include, but not limited to, follows:
● Fever, chills
● New or Worsening cough
● Shortness of breath
● Sore throat
● New Muscle aches or headaches
The Risk of person to person increases the closer you come to other people, spend more time near them, and the more people you come near.
The risk of surface transmission increases when many people contact the same surface and when those contacts happen over short periods.
ASSESSING THE RISK OF COVID-19 AT CSN Pharma
As per the suggestions from the employees, supervisors, and the Health and Safety committee at CSN Pharma Inc. the areas of high risk include:
● Most often touched surfaces- Doors Handles, light switches, Tools, machines, and equipment that workers share
● Packaging lines where workers are close to one another
● Office Area
● Meeting Room
MEASURES TO REDUCE THE RISKS
Administrative controls at the facility in place to ensure the safety of Workers and Staff:
1. All employees at CSN Pharma are required to make sure they are healthy and not sick when they walk-in for work.
2. Daily temperature monitoring in place for all employees.
3. All employees are required to sanitize their hands when walking in.
4. All employees required to follow the below measures when necessary:
● Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds: when arriving at work, Before and after going on break, after using the washroom
● Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
● Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
● Practice respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
3. Ensure that the administration employee desk has adequate distancing to make sure safe distancing protocols are followed.
4. Additionally, all administration staff members are provided with disinfectants and are required to do disinfect their desks and shared tables before and after use.
5. All the Production staff is frequently monitored for proper health and GMP by the Quality control team.
6. All Production employees are required to wear Gloves, uniform, Face Mask, and Personnel Protective Equipment while working in a production environment.
7. Disinfectants are placed on employee desks and shared tables to disinfect before and after use.
8. All light switches and door handles to be sanitized on regular basis.
9. Anyone found to be sick will be asked to stay at home according to the safety policy and will also involve members of the Health and Safety committee.
10. The workers involved in cleaning are provided with adequate PPE, training, and cleaning materials.
11. All contractors and visitors are required to enter by appointment only with a record of the date of entry and exit, need to wear mask, get a temperature check and instructed by the reception to throughout follow the social distancing, frequently use hand sanitizer, or frequently wash hands.
SAFETY POLICIES AT CSN Pharma
As per the policy, all workers, staff members, and visitors showing symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from the workplace. This includes the following:
● Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
● Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
● Anyone who has arrived from outside Canada must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
● Visitors are only supposed to enter if found in good health and required to enter the name, contact details, wear safety masks, and required to sanitize hands.
Employees who start to feel ill at work, are required to follow the below steps:
● Sick employees to report to the supervisor, even with mild symptoms
● Any worker found sick would be asked to wash and sanitize their hands, also isolated as well as requested to go straight home.
Such workers would be requested to consult the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool or Call 811 for guidance related to testing and self-isolation
● If the worker is severely ill will be reported to the emergency by calling 911
● Any surfaces that the ill worker has encounter shall be cleaned and disinfected.
COMMUNICATION PLANS AND TRAINING
● All employees know and are made aware of COVID-19 as well as signs and symptoms of COVID, hand washing requirements, and controls in place to keep the workplace safe which has been reinforced with frequent reminders in crew safety talk.
● All workers are required to sign a policy for reporting to the supervisor and staying home when sick.
● Signage for mask required, maximum occupancy limit and handwashing are posted at needed places at the facility.
● Signage at the Main entrance indicating who is restricted from entering the premises, including Visitors and Workers with symptoms.
● Supervisors and the QC team monitoring employees as well as the workplace to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
MONITORING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE MEASURES
● All the employees will be monitored by the supervisor and QC team to make sure that all the stated measures, procedures, as well as policies, are followed at all times.
● Workers who are not found to abide by the policies will be issued written notices and will be sent home as well as retrained with the policy which will be placed in the employee record.
SAFE RESUMPTION OF WORK TASK
● For the safe resumption of work, all employees must understand, follow, and adhere to the policies in place.
● All workers will be provided with adequate PPE, training, cleaning materials, soap, disinfectants.
● Signages in place for effective handwashing, maximum occupancy, and following safe physical distancing protocols.
© 2021 All Rights Reserved